Teens Run DC
Teens Run DC is a charity bib sponsor for the 2017 Marine Corps Marathon, and you can still be a part of our team!
Why run for Teens Run DC?
Teens Run DC is all about running, training, goal setting, and the things that you strive to do every day! We are a DC based nonprofit that empowers at-risk youth to envision and work towards the achievement of personal and fitness goals through a youth mentoring and distance running program. Students learn greater responsibility, discipline, perseverance, and goal setting skills as they train for progressively longer distance races, even marathons. They work towards success in running and towards success in school. Most importantly, Teens Run DC creates a community of support for the teens that it serves.
You can directly support our mission by signing up to be a charity partner with Teens Run DC for MCM. As special price for DC running groups, you can obtain a spot on the Teens Run DC charity team by raising a minimum of $350. This is a great opportunity to support the youth Teens Run DC serves and to join our community, not to mention you will be a part of MCM and the hype that comes with this marathon! Teens Run will support you in achieving your fundraising goal by offering an information packet with sample letters and strategies.
How does this all work?
Your Fundraising Commitment: $350
Race Entry Fee for 2017 MCM: $160.81
- Reserve a Spot on The Team. Sign up for the 2017 Teens Run DC Marine Corps Marathon Charity Team here.
- Start Fundraising. Use your personal fundraising page provided by TRDC.
- Register Yourself for the Marathon by 8/31/17. Once you have raised $300 of your $350 fundraising goal, we will send you a code to register for the marathon. You must register for the marathon before 8/31/17. The cost for registration is $160.81 and is covered by you.
- Meet Your Fundraising Goal by 10/22/17. You must meet your fundraising goal by 10/22/17(race day). If you cannot raise the $350 by 10/22/17, you will be expected to make payment personally through your credit card within one week.
- Run the Marathon as We Cheer You On!
We would love to see you join our team. Please don't hesitate to contact Lizzie Majewski at email@example.com or 574-386-6623 with any questions about the process. You can also learn more on our website: http://www.teensrundc.org/support/run-for-dc-youth/marine-corps-marathon/how-it-works/